when the rains dissipate, everywhere is {drawing challenge} shelter

·
please find drawing challenge topic at the end of this post.
·

tube escalator turnpike lane tube station seven sisters railway station
·
that london mobi faced it all day. on piccadilly it's just madness. never having been one for crowds of this size, i seem to be keeping up, soaking in, cutting right through the middle {and the chase} and shoot at the heart of it. pictures, that is. i even manage to keep the crowds out. from those pictures, i mean. 
·

abney park cemetery


·
i traveled north in the morning and drew a hesitant sun from stoke newing-ton skies in abney park cemetery. 
·


stoke newington church street



·
from here i moved sideways into crouch end, which wasn't the best decision i made today, apart from an excellent italian place, where the waiters spoke english with that sexy accent. 
·

crouch end italian trattoria


·
i jumped on a bus back to the town centre and gladly lost a good few hours in mega bookstores. 
·
i sprawled down on any seats and chairs i could find. luckily in london book-shops, they don't mind avid en place browsers. 
·



·
and now, i've had my hotel special, a local store bought and assembled take away of hummus two ways, celery and beetroot salads and pesto pasta, on black peppered rice crackers.
·
the story of dick whittington and his cat at fortnum and mason the story of dick whittington and his cat at fortnum and mason the story of dick whittington and his cat at fortnum and mason
·
today being drawing challenge sunday, i found myself a subject on the brink. my eye was caught by the english folk tale of dick whittington. one doesn't always fall from rags to riches, on a way to shelter, but it's nice to dream anyway. fortnum and mason's bring the fairy tale in some eight windows. as they would.
·
the story of dick whittington and his cat at fortnum and mason the story of dick whittington and his cat at fortnum and mason putting on the ritz on piccadilly

·
in these days of drab and darker winter, my heart goes to the homeless. funnily enough i haven't seen too many people sleeping rough. i hope they easily find shelter from cold spells and loneliness. renilde offers shelter this weekend, my own i'm pretending to be putting on the ritz... {see last polaroid.☻}. images to this weekend's wanders will follow... 
·

15 comments :

  1. one can find shelter in dreaming, in imagination oh yes, but you didn't had to imagine you are there, a myriad of impressions, from the cemetery to the Ritz and thinking of the homeless well that's a real trip you're making
    love to see it all here in your own typical style,
    thanks sweetie, enjoy, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking me on a morning walk through London surrounding! What a pleasure, especially without the usual horrible christmas crowds! (Wanted to get some little things on our christmas market yesterday, but when I realized the huge crowd that got stuck between the stalls, I just put in reverse and took the run!)
    In terms of shelter we obviously had the same thing in mind. Never funny to live on the streets, but being homeless, without shelter during winter times is some of the worst things I can think of...I guess we'd all prefer the Ritz instead!
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, dear Nadeschda, lalala London calling!
    What a trip! Putting on the ritz... haha, that voice!
    Love your pics... even unpeopled.
    Do you find shelter inside, Hon, your home base to take away? Feel it!

    You are on my mind.

    Love
    x Ariane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I wish I was with you into those bookstores Nadine!

    lets hope there is a shelter for everybody out there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I took several photos this morning of my darling Wynken for you, Kers. She came right up to me to pose.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those bookstores too. I have started to take photos of the books, and then when I come home, I order them at amazon. But alas, after browsing in them at those wonderful bookstores, with a coffee in one hand, and the book in another

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, N - thanks for the vicarious pleasure of a hotel meal and peak at some of you travels. xxoo, sus

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Nadine, I love your wonderful pics (2st row and my favorite the cementry) and its good to go virtually with you through the streets of London, imaging you sitting in this bookstore wondering around - you don't need a extern shelter, the shelter is within you my dear!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know me it doesn't take much but I love your pictures always......Take care Miss Creative, love Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot to start with I'm lost in the post.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks like your having a really great trip- crowds and all! I would love to stay in a bookstore for that long as well! and eat lots of good food ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh N, I wish I was with you on your adventure! Dreaming is a pleasant shelter. xo Carole

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, you got around a fair bit! isn't tourism exciting and tiring?

    ReplyDelete